Friday, November 19, 2021

Welcome Back

In the spring of 2007, I decided to start a blog complaining about and making fun of commercials I thought were stupid.  For a couple years, I and my fellow contributors posted pretty regularly.  We actually developed a bit of a readership, which shocked the hell out of me.  Then we posted less regularly from 2009 to 2012.  Then we didn't post at all for a couple years.  Then I did a bit more in 2015.  And then eventually I lost access to the Google account I posted from, so I couldn't get back into that blog even if I wanted to.

As luck would have it, the blog name that I originally wanted when I started the blog - theadwizards, as opposed to "advertisingwizards," which I was forced to go with in 2007 - was available.  So here we are.  Here I am, anyway; we'll see if anyone else shows up.

The "archives" remain up at http://advertisingwizards.blogspot.com/ although I will offer a couple caveats.  One, very few of the embedded videos are still active.  Two, although I broadly stand by the writing overall, there are definitely a few uses of language that haven't aged well and that I wouldn't use now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is this the laziest commercial of all time?

Okay guys, we've got a tough task. We're being asked to sell one of the most boring, functional, everyone-needs-it-but-no-one-thinks...